Thursday, January 21, 2010

Them's fightin' words

Well folks, it's been far too long, but I am most definitely improving.

School has kept me fairly busy, but that is still no excuse. Fact of the matter is my friends, I've forgotten about you. All 4 or 5 of you. And I appologize. In the last couple of months I've received 2 e-mails, regarding new comments to my earlier blogging.

To those people, whom ever you may be, thank you very much for your comments. Your words have inspired me to actually blog again. I won't blog often, but when I do, it helps to take my mind off some of troubles, most recently being my hardship at work.

As of last week, two of my co-workers at Subway here in Belleville are on leave due to physical ineptitude. Unfortunately, both are nightime workers, and the slack needs to be picked up. Now, I do not mind taking an extra shift or two, but when I'm told that I will be working thursday, (a day with many many classes, ranging from 8:30 in the morning to 5 at night), immediately after class, I have to say I am a little pissed off. To be at school for seven and a half hours is a long day, but to have to go to work immediately as I leave my last class, for a 5 hour shift, that is where I draw the line.

I'm not one to complain. Normally, I just take what I can get, and go on with my life. But let's face it, I'm a college student now, I don't have a lot of time to spend, and I look to the weekends to relax, take care of chores (yes, I actually do chores from time to time), and also do any projects or homework I am given. My employer is aware of this, as I have told them straight out I cannot work the entire weekend. I can work part of it, and a shift or two during the weekend, but I need my break time too. School (to me) is considered a full time job, and runs 5 days a week. When mixed in with having to work on the 2 days a week I get off, it makes for an excrutiatingly long week. Especially if that rotation continues for 2 or 3 weeks. It's essentially like working 21 days straight. I don't know how single mother/fathers do it! Kudos to all of you out there in internet land!

I truly believe that sometimes the only thing that keeps me going is my passive agressiveness. I'm not a fighter, I take what comes at me, and go with it. That's just who I am, but I am changing.

I often find myself speaking out, where normally I wouldn't, and it feels good! Not that I'm a dick about it, but if I don't feel like doing something, I'll tell someone, unless they deserve some extra effort on my part.

Readers, I'm the kind of guy who will go out of his way to help a friend, family member, and sometimes even strangers. My friends and family are my life, and I treasure them for that. But no matter how you look at it, sometimes you just have to look out for number one, and I think that's something a lot of people miss.

I think that's all I'm going to write for now friends, as I seem to have lost my place.

P.S. If you make a comment, please let me know if I know you in real life, and if I don't, feel free to drop me a line sometimes @ willcmarshall@gmail.com

~Pi

3 comments:

Ren said...

heads up - mom reads your blaaaawgh religiously

Anonymous said...

poke

Anonymous said...


Hello! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after going through a few of the posts I realized it’s new to me. Regardless, I’m certainly pleased I stumbled upon it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back often!